domingo, octubre 29, 2006

Last Friday , We visited Caixa Forum to see Henry Moore’s exposition. I can write about his life or the changes that his work suffered due to the Second World War , his mother died or his’ daughter born but I’d prefer to write about the sensation that I had when I was looking at my favourite Henry Moore’s sculpture. I can't remember how it’s named but for me It’s Mother, Child and Father. When I visited the exposition, and I had the opportunity to be near of this sculpture, I felt very happy because I had always seen it in photos or on TV but I could never be so near that allow me touching it. I knew that our teacher had warned us in class that It wasn’t allowed to do it but I did ( I’m sorry ) , not too much only the necessary to notice its power. It means that when you touch a piece of art you like, you can feel exactly the reason why you have chosen this one and not other one. Well, I like this sculpture because in my opinion it reflects the power that woman have since the beginning .It means that in spite of the fact that fathers are important , of course , between mother-child there is a special and unbreakable link. You can see it through the vision of this sculpture. There are three persons, a mother taking her child and a father . You can realize that woman is the main support of the child despite father also helps her with the weigh of the child. I’m not sure if you can understand through my feeling what I want to say . In my opinion , since the beginning, woman have the main responsibility of the child because She has to feed him, first inside her womb and later on She continues feeding him or her till , at least , They can eat by themselves. Well , this is my opinion and when I check this sculpture I feel that Henry Moore knew the important woman paper in the life. Waiting your comment, see you in class, Aire




1 Comments:

At 23:59, Blogger Ladybird said...

Hi Aire! As a woman I understand perfectly what you say and I must say I completely agree with you. It is not a question of undervalue men’s position but I think mum’s role is more important than dad’s for a kid. I don´t know if I can generalize for all families but I don´t know any of them where dad is more important than mum.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home